What Professional Photographers create on their day off.

Introduction

Photographers do not turn off. They do not retire or shut down. They create. Endlessly and without rest. Photojournalists are no exception. They spend much of their days illuminating other peoples lives and stories. This journal is to serve as a chronicle of what working photojournalists create on their own days off ...their sixth day.
.................................................................................

Monday, March 12, 2007

Gifts from Friends

By Ken Spencer


My friend Larry is a professional astronomer at an observatory in California, and he and his wife spend a lot of time in the outdoors. I was planning a trip to photograph landscapes in California and decided to write him for suggestions of places to go that I might not have though of. In one of his replies was this: "... go up to Morro Bay, but when there be sure to drive the extra few miles down to Montana de Orro State Park. The ocean cliff views are tremendous - **** (4 star)."
So I took his suggestion. When I got out of my car, and walked 4 feet to the railing, this is what I saw! Tremendous? Yeah, I guess so!
I am always thankful for the gifts of friends.

No comments: